Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Rest in Peace

Mom is leaving the town yesterday, heading to Bandung. Today is exactly a year after my grandfather passed away. Mom was there to commemorate it and do the ceremony.

He had been a great grandfather for us, though I wasn't so close with him, but I can feel his love through my Mom. He taught Mom to love everybody and help people no matter who they are. He was struggling in his life, even he was in difficulties, he always tried to help people first.

Well, it seems like the saying 'nice people leave so soon' is kinda true. This morning my kind-hearted auntie had passed away. She was struggling to give birth for her next baby girl. But she lost so many blood and something worse happened to her after the baby was born. The doctor couldn't help anymore, so she left us at 3 a.m.

Of course we didn't know this until my Dad's aunt called us early is the morning and told us this. Dad was so sad, so did I. And so did all of us, the family of her. She was too young to leave, she was so nice, she got a noble heart, she helped a lot of people in her life. And she had 3 little children who still need her love.

I was used to meet her daily, when she was still single. She lived with her brothers and sisters, near our home. I often stay in her home, heard jokes from them, laughed together and felt her love and care. Since she got married and had to take care of her family, I met her only for a few times in a year. The last time I met her was when we celebrate her father's birthday.

She was the one who wish me happy birthday with greeting card, "Brush your teeth everyday!"

She was the one who keep taking my picture and said that she would show it to people as Desi Ratnasari's picture.

People can only try their best, but still, it's God who did the rest. When He want you to leave, you can't refuse it.

I got a lesson, which I alredy hear for almost every single year in my life. We should respect and love our parents, specially our mother, who had risked her life just to deliver us to this world. She could never know what will happen to her, but her priority was just to deliver us safely.

That's why, I was told not to celebrate birthday. Maybe this sounds crazy or pathetic, but obviously the reason is so logic. Why would we celebrate the day when our mother encountered a terrific pain just to bring us to the world?

celebrating my sis' 5th birthday (1998)

our last Chinese New Year with her (2010)

"We had lost such a great mom, a great wife, a great daughter, a great aunt, a great sister.. You are a GREAT person and your love will remain in our heart, forever..Rest in peace, my dear auntie. "



Song of the day : Two Different Tears by Wondergirls
Gave me two different tears
After all these years
Tears of joy
Tears of pain
Like sunshine and rain
So I missed you..
And we'll miss you..

No comments:

Post a Comment